Saturday, January 10, 2009

Drive Time

One of the things I dislike about working so close to home is that I no longer have a commute of considerable length. I know, I know, people think I'm crazy for thinking that. In fact, when I sent that thought via text/SMS to several friends several weeks ago, one replied by saying that she thought I WAS weird but that was not the sole reason for that opinion. :D

Thing is, I learned long ago not to let traffic get to me. I liked the fact that I could listen to most of Howard Stern's show on the way to work. I liked the fact that I could get traffic and weather together every 10 minutes. I liked the fact that I could decompress after a long, tough day at work by rolling down the windows, opening up the moonroof and setting the volume on my stereo to 11.

There were days I'd come home and find a well-traveled package waiting for me at home. I'd tear it open to find a newly released Chris de Burgh or Paul McCartney album courtesy of Amazon.com or an eBay auctioneer. I couldn't wait to get in the car the next morning and pop it in.

No comments: